Monday, July 25, 2011

Cookie Dough Dip and a little love for Sara

I have never been a big fan of cookies. In fact, I'm not a big dessert person in general. I like to bake it, but not eat it. And with all the other options out there, cookies just never seem to be high on my list.
But Cookie Dough on the other hand... mmm.
Cookie Dough Ice Cream in the middle of summer is the most delicious thing on the planet. Even cookie dough straight from the tube is pretty fantastic... if not healthy.
So when I stumbled across this recipe for cookie dough dip, I had to make it. And it just so happened to coincide with my dear, sweet, willing-to-eat-anything Sara.
When Sara is visiting, which unfortunately isn't often, I get a bit distracted, so I completely skipped the pre-baking pictures. You'll live. And if you don't make this dip, you'll regret it for that long life.

In a small pan, melt half a cup of butter and then whisk in a third of a cup of brown sugar, cooking it until it bubbles. Then add a teaspoon of vanilla and set it aside to cool.
I wish smells came through the internet. This is one of the best smells ever.


In a separate bowl, mix together a block of softened cream cheese and powdered sugar, somewhere between 3/4 of a cup and a whole cup, depending on how sweet you want it.


This picture is kinda redundant. I mixed the cheese and the sugar.


Pour the cooled brown sugar-butter mixture into the cream cheese-sugar mixture. Then fold in a whole lot of mini chocolate chips.

Sprinkle a few extra on top so it looks nice and pretty. Offer it up with graham crackers or teddy grahams or anything equally delicious.


And then let dear, sweet Sara devour. I left her alone in my apartment while I went to work the day after making the dip and came home to find it half gone and her showing no signs of remorse. It's THAT good.

I straight up stole this recipe from Megan over at WhatMegansMaking.com. Thanks Megan!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling

In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the brown sugar until it dissolves and the mixture starts to bubble. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool.
In a separate bowl, cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar together for 60 seconds. With the mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
Garnish with additional mini chocolate chips. Serve with animal cracker, nilla wafers or graham crackers.


PS. Just cause I can't help promoting Sara's awesome journey, check out her blog at http://saranorton.theworldrace.org/. She's getting ready to go on the trip of a lifetime. I've already said that once about her and her trip to South Africa last year, and I have no doubt I'll get to say it again. So she's getting ready to go on ONE of the TRIPS of her lifetime to spread the love and joy of Jesus in 11 countries across 4 (or maybe 5?) continents. Check out her blog and send up a few prayers for her, her team, and all the lives she'll touch.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Bee! That stuff is SERIOUSLY sooo good. I'm contemplating a late night run to make some. And thanks for the shout out! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps and I have no shame for the amount I ate. it just really is THAT good.

    ReplyDelete