Friday, February 10, 2012

Pantone's Color of the Year 2012

Last year, I posted about Pantone's Color of the Year for 2011, Honeysuckle, a color I love.
I'll admit I don't love this year's color quite as much, but it's certainly inviting and envigorating.

Leatrice Eiseman, the executive direction of the Pantone Color Institute says this about the color: “Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it. Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.”



From home decor and accessories to cosmetics to fashion, this color will be everywhere this year. Pantone calls it "a bit exotic, but in a very friendly, non-threatening way." Even though you won't see me sporting any tangerine eyeshadows, I might consider working a cute top into my wardrobe.



No inspiration collection would be complete without an owl. It's science.



Tangerine Tango is supposed to give us "the energy boost we need to recharge and move forward". A little political subliminal messaging from Pantone here in election year? I doubt it. More like not-so-subliminal messaging that tangerine is a color that can easily transition from early spring through summer and well into the fall season. That's a message we can all support.


No comments:

Post a Comment